Search Betty C. Jung's Web site
Search the Entire Internet
SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
PUBLIC HEALTH ALUMNI CHAPTER
Citation: Southern Connecticut State University
Alumni Association Danny Gonsalves/Public Health Alumni Chapter
The Danny Gonsalves/Public Health
Chapter Scholarship Fund was established by the alumni
membership of the Public Health Alumni Chapter on December 18, 1997 to honor Associate Professor Danny Gonsalves. Professor Gonsalves passed away on January 29, 1998. The alumni of the Pubic Health programs at Southern Connecticut State University are proud to have established this fund in his memory
- The student(s) must be entering his/her junior or senior year as full
- The student(s) must be majoring in Public Health.
- The student recipient(s) must be of high academic standing.
- The student(s)' contributions to the University and/or the community will also be considered. The selection committee will also consider interest in and/or contributions made in the fields of Public and Environmental Health.
- The allocated interest on the principal will be awarded annually and the original prinicpal or subsequent gifts to the principal will never be awarded.
- The number of scholarships available will be determined by the amount of funds available.
- The scholarship award will be made directly to the Southern Connecticut State University Business Office and applied to the Recipient(s)' outstanding
- The Scholarship Committee of the Southern Connecticut State University Alumni Association will select the student recipient(s).
- The conditions of the Danny Gonsalves/Public Health Alumni Chapter Scholarship Fund may be amended at any time by the leadership of the Public Health Chapter with the approval of the Board of Directors of the Southern Connecticut State University Foundation.
- In the event that the Public Health major is eliminated at the University, the SCSU Foundation Board of Directors will determine the allocation of all remaining funds in the Danny Gonsalves/Public Health Alumni Chapter Scholarship Fund.
Note: This document was signed by Betty C. Jung for the Public Health Alumni Chapter, and David Obedzinski, Alumni Affairs Director on December 18, 1997. This endowed fund was transferred over to the Southern Connecticut State University Foundation in April, 2000. This second document was signed by Betty C. Jung for the Public Health Alumni Chapter, and Carol
R. Martin, Vice President of Institutional Advancement & Executive Director of SCSU Foundation.
Danny Gonsalves Scholarship Recipients (N = 13)
|Kimberly Lynn Ploszaj Pelletier
|Michelle S. Vitro
|Cheryl A. Palmer
Published on the Web: April 27, 2000; February 20, 2001
Updated: 4/24/2019 R104
Comments, suggestions, dead link reports:
Back to Top
© Copyright 1999 - 2019 Betty C. Jung
All rights reserved.