Graphic source: http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/best-infographics-2015
Graphic source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/sleep-deprivation_n_4557142.html
Inspirational Quotes about Productivity
- "Even the smartest college students suffer academically when they use the Internet in class for non-academic purposes, finds new research by Michigan State University scholars. Students of all intellectual abilities should be responsible for not letting themselves be distracted by use of the Internet,...
All students, regardless of intellectual ability, had lower exam scores the more they used the Internet for non-academic purposes such as reading the news, sending emails and posting Facebook updates." (Citation: Surfing the Web in class? Bad idea (June 17, 2014) Source: Michigan State University )
- "Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort." -- Paul J. Meyer
- "The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity." -- Tom Peters
- "Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus." -- Alexander Graham Bell
- "The way we measure productivity is flawed. People checking their BlackBerry over dinner is not the measure of productivity." -- Timothy Ferriss
- "You don't actually do a project; you can only do action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you can call it 'done.'" -- David Allen
- "I always had the uncomfortable feeling that if I wasn't sitting in front of a computer typing, I was wasting my time -- but I pushed myself to take a wider view of what was "productive." Time spent with my family and friends was never wasted." -- Gretchen Rubin
- MISINFORMATION is "information that is incorrect."
- DISINFORMATION is " misinformation that is deliberately disseminated in order to influence or confuse rivals (foreign enemies or business competitors etc.)"
Check out these links: Debunking Medical Hoaxes and Myths
- FACT is "a piece of information presented as having objective reality"
- "in (point of) fact: In reality or in truth; actually."
- OPINION "implies a conclusion thought out yet open to dispute"
- VIEW "suggests a subjective opinion"
- BELIEF "implies often deliberate acceptance and intellectual assent"
- CONVICTION "applies to a firmly and seriously held belief"
- PERSUASION "suggests a belief grounded on assurance (as by evidence) of its truth"
- SENTIMENT "suggests a settled opinion reflective of one's feeling"
- MINDFULNESS "a mental training that develops sustained attention that can change the ways people think, act and feel – could reduce symptoms of stress and depression and promote wellbeing.... There is growing evidence that mindfulness-based approaches for adults are effective at enhancing mental health and wellbeing."
(British Journal of Psychiatry) http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-06/uoe-mci061813.php
Back to Top
Published on the Web: January 6, 2006
Updated: 3/10/2016 R763
Comments, Questions, Suggestions:
© Copyright 1999 - 2017 Betty C. Jung
All rights reserved.